Periodically Rip Curl will send out a firmware update for your watch. This could include bug fixes, new tides, more accurate wave counting or some new features.
To update your watch you need to:
- Log into your account at searchgps.ripcurl.com.
- Click on 'Watch' on the left side menu.
- Click the Download Desktop App button and install - computer restart required!
- Open the Desktop App and log in using your account details.
- Connect your SearchGPS watch via the USB cable provided. (Battery symbol must show on the watch).
- Press SYNC NOW on your computer.
- Once the upgrade is complete, don't forget to walk outside, and hold the left button on your watch to set the time and closest tide location.
If your sync stalls, it is normally because your watch is full of surfs and your computer will not allocate Java enough memory to download them all.
SYSTEM RESET the watch under MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM RESET. This will clear all surfs off the watch and make the upgrade process much faster.
The SearchGPS Desktop App will notify you when there are new watch firmware updates available. Follow the prompts to upgrade the firmware on your watch and get all the new features.